Here’s a brief introduction of our building & also how to get to us, and the RubaDubRoots saloon.
Kungsgatan 20, 46131 TROLLHÄTTAN
We have no sign out on the street but when you see a restaurant called ” Akropolis “, our door is in the “ Center “ of the three doors shown in picture above.
“ Please note that the saloon is only open by appointments “
Stormen 2 - The Bulding
The facade of the assembly hall to Kungsgatan is unchanged. It has the character of a late-medieval German gilles house with the gable facing the street and windows in Gothic style. The set field contains symbols and the Swedish three crowns.
Alley Of Kungsgatan 20 In The 1920s
This is in fact an old picture of the “ Main Street “ of the small town of Trollhättan. And what’s so peculiar about this scenery is that it was an “ Original Stamp “ for letters in 1920s.
The building was built in 1903 as the house of ordinance for Svea within the National Goods Copies - NGTO. On the ground floor there was an "absolute restaurant" as well as a meeting room with estrad and stands. Later, the gathering hall has been used as a cinema and ping-pong church. Architect is Eugen Jacobi Thorburn from Bäve in Bohuslän. After studying abroad, he established himself in Gothenburg.